Optiv Security, a market-leading provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions, today announced the general availability of its cyber threat intelligence-as-a-service offering. Delivered by Optiv’s dedicated team of cyber threat intelligence and security experts, this new technology-enabled service is powered by a cutting-edge technology platform from IntSights, a leading intelligence-driven security provider for cyber threats. The combination of Optiv’s extensive cyber security consulting expertise and IntSights’ technology helps organizations monitor for threats beyond the traditional network perimeter and provides them with focused, prioritized and actionable intelligence. As a result, companies can create informed, proactive security policies, more accurately define cyber risk and rapidly mitigate identified threats.
“The ever-changing threat landscape makes it increasingly difficult for organizations to stay ahead of the curve and better understand, prepare for and respond to cyber threats,” said Christina Richmond, program director, security services, IDC. “Most companies lack the necessary resources and expertise to create and operate a mature security strategy and program that incorporates cyber threat intelligence. To be successful, organizations should look for a trusted partner that has the know-how and ability to help develop these capabilities and provide the necessary support for them.”
When delivering Optiv’s cyber threat intelligence-as-a-service on a 24×7 basis, Optiv’s team of consultants:
- Develop cyber threat intelligence requirements and programmatic strategies, and identify related key monitoring strategies to enable a comprehensive managed cyber threat intelligence program.
- Use IntSights’ fully automated threat data collection and analytics platform to help monitor carefully cultivated intelligence requirements for indications of exploitations discovered on the clear, deep and dark web.
- Leverage Optiv’s proprietary tools, processes, analytical rigor and best practices to help clients develop, implement and operate proactive security models.
- Focus efforts on threat investigation rather than threat searches, enabling clients to take a more targeted approach with their security investigations and better identify cyber threats that pose a real risk to the business.
- Prioritize alerts regarding a client’s adversaries’ tactics, techniques and procedures, centered on client-defined assets and requirements.
- Enable clients to more quickly respond to current or potential attacks through one-click proactive reporting, actionable analysis, detailed remediation guidance; as well as provide automated remediation at the source through the removal of malicious sites, social media accounts and other forms of malicious content.
- Help clients gain a decision advantage by enhancing visibility into externally validated threats which directly affect a client’s business, customers, brand, executives or physical location.
“Today most companies take a completely reactive approach to cyber security, but identifying when and how your organization may be attacked by a cyber threat requires a more proactive strategy,” said Stu Solomon, Optiv’s senior vice president, security solutions and operations. “Optiv is unique because we bring together a combination of people, process and technology that helps clients assess their threat landscape and maturity level before implementing a cyber threat intelligence program that better detects, analyzes and remediates threats in real-time.”
“IntSights uses innovative intelligence sourcing and gathering methods to mine and aggregate data from a range of open and closed sources, resulting in the rapid curation of highly reliable intelligence which has the potential to be highly actionable,” said Guy Nizan, IntSight’s CEO. “We are excited to have Optiv’s experienced team of cyber threat intelligence and security experts leverage this intelligence through our cutting-edge platform. Optiv has a proven track record of helping companies solve their toughest security problems, and we are proud to support their efforts to deliver a comprehensive cyber threat intelligence solution to their clients.”
Optiv’s cyber threat intelligence suite of services helps organizations plan, build and run their cyber threat intelligence function. Through its cyber threat intelligence-as-a-service, program workshops and consulting services, Optiv can help enhance a client’s security operations by defining an organization-specific cyber threat landscape tailored to the unique business environment. Optiv experts assess, develop and mature information collected by native and peripheral sources, allowing clients to take immediate action.